Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club
1. How is Mesa Arts Academy connected with the Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club?
We work very closely! Mesa Arts Academy and the Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club are both operated by BGCAZ. This means that MAA students and their families have seamless support from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm. Also, MAA has a tremendous amount of support and resources that are unavailable to students at other charter schools.
If your child attends Mesa Arts Academy, you also receive a free annual membership to the Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club.
Teens who are not enrolled at MAA must pay a membership fee at the Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club.
2. Hours, Meals, and Transportation
- Hours - The Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club closes at 7pm.
- Meals - Students have breakfast at school, lunch at school, dinner at the club.
- Transportation - MAA and Grant Woods Boys & Girls Clubs share the same campus.
3. After School Academic Support for Students
Reading and Math interventions are provided to student both during the school day and after school at the Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club. MAA teachers can work closely with BGC staff to help with tutoring support. “Power Hour” at the Club is really productive. Parents love that their students can keep grades up and work done before coming home!
In short, both teachers and club staff get to know kids well. Together, they can help kids overcome challenges and thrive in their classes!
4. Other After School Programs
- Sports - flag football, soccer, basketball Call the Grant Woods Boys & Girls Club to learn what is being offered this year.
- Cheerleading - led by our MAA dance teacher
- Color Guard - Students in 4th grade and up can join, which is a rare opportunity for these young students. However, our Winter Ensemble regularly competes with with 5th, the 7th, and 8th grade ensembles and we WIN!!